The Accounting Assistant is responsible to support the Accounting Manager in ensuring accurate, timely and compliance with accounting processes, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank statement reconciliation, timekeeping and other accounting and human resource administrative activities.
- Accounts Payable
- Ensure all invoices are accurately entered into the electronic system for management approval
- Upload invoice information into the property management software
- Generate checks and/or ACH payments and forward to management in accordance with established for approval
- Request, process and maintain vendor W-9 forms and insurance certificates
- Monitor accounts payable for accuracy
- Validate and prepare employee and Co-op Board expense reimbursements
- Accounts Receivable
- Use the electronic banking system to deposit rent payments into RCH bank
- Prepare non-rent transactions for deposit
- Other Accounting Administration
- Reconcile cooperative bank statements
- Review timecards for accuracy under the direction of the Accounting Manager
- Collect annual income certificates from resident members on a quarterly basis in coordination with community manager staff
- File and assist in auditing income certificates.
- Assist Accounting Manager with audits, various annual requirements and special projects
- Human Resources
- Post new job openings to various hiring boards when needed.
- Perform new employee background checks using vendors’ website.
- Perform special projects and other related activities as requested by the Accounting Manager and/or other members of the Management Team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associates’ degree in Accounting, college coursework in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Two or more years of experience in bookkeeping and/or accounting
- Two or more years of experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Mathematical/quantitative aptitude and skills to track financial and payroll data.
- Detail-oriented, organized and applies effective time management skills in order to meet all deadlines. Able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks and numerous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Internet, and applicable accounting software packages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities inside and outside the organization. Able to effectively handle interactions at all levels and to respond appropriately in sensitive situations.
- Able to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work. Able to work unsupervised and solve routine problems independently and effectively.
- Able to work effectively independently and within a team; understands the importance of supporting the organization, residents, and other employees.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, shows initiative.
- Understand and display high levels of internal and external customer service
- Understand and maintain confidential nature of organization and resident information.
- Work effectively and respectfully with individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sex, age and/or any other protected classification of individuals.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
Incumbent must be able to:
- Primarily works in an office setting working at a desk for the majority of the day, using a computer.
- Must possess visual acuity to read and work on detailed documents, reports and other communications on the computer and in hard copy.
- Must be able to hear, speak and effectively communicate in the English language in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization verbally and/or in writing.
- Physical ability to move inside and outside of residential buildings
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Incumbent must be able to use multi-line telephone, calculator, copy machines, computers, and other office equipment.
- Incumbent primarily works in an indoor office setting. Incumbent may be required to go outside in all MN weather conditions and varying temperatures to visit properties, attend off-site meetings and events.
- Open until filled.