The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and marketing support in meeting the organization’s objective “to develop and maintain quality, student-oriented housing communities operating on a non-profit, democratic basis.” The position has extensive contact with prospective and existing residents, assists in the smooth, cost effective overall management of the sites, and provides administrative support for detailed property management functions, including support for all other Riverton departments.
- Resident Relations and Customer Service
- Answer phones and perform general reception duties.
- Assure adequate supplies of property management forms and office supplies.
- Provide backup to Assistant Property Manager/Leasing and Marketing Manager in all leasing activities, including showing apartments, screening applicants.
- Receive and enter work orders from residents and staff.
- Perform general office management duties including making copies, sending faxes, keeping the office tidy, and running errands as needed.
- Program resident intercom code listings and updates as needed.
- Maintain current resident and waiting list database
- Assist in the administration of apartment and garage/parking rentals.
- Prepare resident correspondence, parking and apartment leases.
- Maintain key replacements/copy requests from residents to ensure adequate key supplies.
- Assist in orienting new members to the cooperatives.
- Create, post and or send notices as needed
- Perform other miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned.
- Financial and Recordkeeping
- Assist in collecting rents and security deposits using established procedures.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Assure that resident files are orderly and up to date.
- Keep accurate and organized records of applications.
- Perform special projects and other related activities as requested by the Executive Director and/or the Senior Property Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED and related training
- 2 or more years of administrative work experience
- Previous bookkeeping and record keeping experience
- Knowledge of policies and procedures for the cooperatives
- Must be fluent in English and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Property management experience preferred
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs including word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), and email (Outlook) computer applications. Must be able to become proficient in property management software. Able to assist other staff in effectively using software applications.
- Strong general office and organizational skills, including reception, filing, setting up and maintaining operational systems to support the organization.
- Detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Experience with office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, and telephone systems. Able to perform minor troubleshooting, select and communicate effectively with related service vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and relationship building skills to effectively work with a variety of people and personalities, including developing relationships with vendors, Board members, volunteers, independent contractors, and staff. Able to communicate clearly in person and in writing.
- Understand and display high levels of internal and external customer service
- Able to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work. Able to work unsupervised and solve routine problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Applies effective time management skills in order to meet all deadlines. Displays flexibility to meet organization’s unique needs. Works with a proactive, ownership approach to work and operates with a sense of urgency.
- Work as an effective and proactive team-player; understand the importance of supporting members and associates.
- Understands confidential nature of organization information and maintains confidences.
- Work effectively and respectfully with individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sex, age and/or any other protected classification of individuals.
- Must possess visual acuity to read and work on documents, reports and other communications on the computer and in hard copy.
- Must be able to hear, speak and effectively communicate in the English language in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization verbally and/or in writing.
- Physical ability to move inside and outside of residential buildings and grounds on varied terrain, climbing indoor and outdoor stairs, in all MN weather conditions on a regular basis
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Incumbent must be able to use multi-line telephone, calculator, copy machines, computers, and other office equipment.
- Incumbent must be able to drive a personal vehicle, possess a valid driver’s license and up-to-date insurance coverage, in order to drive to properties, community meetings, activities and events.
- Incumbent primarily works in an indoor office setting. Incumbent must be able to go outside in all MN weather conditions and varying temperatures to visit properties, attend off-site meetings and events.
- Open until filled.